- How the videos are designed:
- Introduction and definition of each HLP
- Brief review of the research
- Several brief videos of general education and special education teachers implementing the practice
- What the videos are:
- A resource to augment training/professional learning
- A demonstration of HLP practice across degrees of intensity
- A portrayal of teachers’ implementation of an HLP
- A demonstration of practices that can be used with all students, not only those with disabilities
- What the videos are not:
- A complete resource for training/professional learning
- A demonstration of each tier across various settings
- A depiction of all features of quality instruction/student engagement
- Promoting the use of practices that would replace the need for intense, data-driven decisions and interventions provided by special educators or other specialists
While permission to use this video is not necessary, the citation should be: Kennedy, M. J., Peeples, K. N., Romig, J. E., Mathews, H. M., Rodgers, W. J. (2018). High-leverage practice #12: Systematically designed instruction towards learning goals. https://highleveragepractices.org/701-2-4/.
This content was produced under U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs, Award No. H325412003 & S283B120021-12A . Bonnie Jones and David Guardino serve as the project officers. The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the positions or policies of the U.S. Department of Education. No official endorsement by the U.S. Department of Education of any project, commodity, service, or enterprise mentioned in this website is intended or should be inferred.